Here’s a sneak peek at the most recent Shopifreaks newsletter. Join today for all the latest Shopify news, apps, and happenings in a short e-mail each Monday.
? Stock News
Tues, Jan 25th – Open: $1,206.16 – Close: $1,205.92
Fri, Jan 29th – Open: $1,120.00 – Close: $1,098.59
1) Shopify plans to announce its Q4 2020 financials before markets open on Wed, Feb 17, 2021. Management will host a conference call to discuss results that morning at 8:30 a.m. EST which you can stream on their investor events portal. [Add to your Calendar.]
2) Danny Vena of the Motley Fool reports that Shopify reached a critical tipping point last quarter (Q3 2020) and will be “consistently profitable” moving forward, whereas only a year ago it was in the red.
3) Elon Musk shot Shopify shares up 3.5% late in the day on Thursday after tweeting, “Shopify is great too. SpaceX used them.” in reply to another users comment.
? Shopify News
1) BALA Footwear, founded in 2020 by a team of Nike alumni, has selected Shopify for its e-commerce and Brightpearl for its inventory management / fulfillment to help bring its footwear for nurses to market for the first time.
2) Shopify strengthened its relationship with Technovation to help young women in over 100 countries shift towards STEM. In addition to financial contribution, Shopify has provided over 1,500 hours of mentorship and hosted more than 100 events assisting more than 4,000 girls to enter the tech space.
3) Shopify’s President, Harley Finkelstein, said that, “Conscious consumerism is going to be a staple in consumer preferences now,” and that shoppers today prefer to buy from independent, small businesses whenever possible — which Shopify sits at the forefront of with online small businesses.
4) Shopify’s partnerships with TikTok and Facebook will be a key trend to follow for retail and e-commerce in 2021 and will position Shopify to take advantage of the rise in social commerce.
5) Perk Hero, the mobile platform which offers perks on e-gift cards and lifestyle products, built a new Shopify app to integrate with its platform to offer auto-syncing of its product catalogue information.
6) Topdser, a dropshipping app similar to Oberlo, likely suffered a data breach which compromised thousands of customers personal and financial details. The research team said that they cannot be 100% sure where the leak originated, but claim that the evidence they found strongly suggests the Topdser app.
7) Japanese outsourcing firm Transcosmos has opened a new office in Fukuoka City, a hub for e-commerce mail order businesses, bringing all Shopify-based e-commerce support services into its new ECX Tenjin Office.
? Shopify Apps
Last week Shopify added 30+ new apps to the Shopify App store. Here are a few that look promising.
1) 1:Tree Carbon Offset App – Plant a tree for every order placed in your shop and visualize your efforts to your customers on your homepage, product pages, and checkout to share your sustainability efforts and encourage order follow through. $1/order.
2) Seasoning – Plan your seasonal sales better based on visualized sales performance so that you can keep enough stock to meet demand of popular items and sell out slow moving products. $9.99/month.
3) Size Guarantee – Reduce your returns due to sizing issues by helping shoppers with size selection at time of purchase. Free.
4) Analyzify – Analytics tool for Shopify that’s Google Analytics 4 compatible. Helps you install the code and configure the GTM, GA, GDS, as well as make adjustments based on your specific store’s needs. $139 one time setup.
5) PriceWay – Automatically track your competitors’ pricing on any online store. Set alerts and/or automatically update your store pricing. $9.99-$49.99/month.
6) Stofind – Display stock availability and hours of operation to your customers for multiple physical locations with In Stock, Low Stock, Out of Stock, or # Left. Free – $55/month.
7) Email Marker Validation – Integrate with EmailMarker.com to live validate customer e-mail addresses and improve deliverability and prevent fraudulent sales. $9.99/month.
8) Vendor & Brand Directory – Create custom collections for the brands and vendors in your shop as well as dynamic directory so your customer can browse all products of a particular vendor or brand. $7.99-$18.99/month.
9) Product Differentiator – Let your customers compare multiple products in one click by adding key fields per product for comparison. Bulk import of key fields available. $4.95/month.
10) Better Price: Beat Any Price – Let your customers request price matching by submitting a request. Accept the request and send your customer a unique link to buy the product applying the the discount code. $4.99/month.
❤️ Thanks for being a Shopifreak!
If you loved this newsletter, please share it with your favorite Shopify communities and help us grow.
And if you ever have any Shopify related news that’s worthy of sharing in our next newsletter or suggestions on how to make this newsletter even better, please e-mail email@example.com or hit ‘Reply’ to this e-mail.
See you next Monday!
Paul E. Drecksler
PS: What food has been found to diminish sex drive by 90%? …. Wedding cake.