I'm excited to share with you that Shopifreaks has entered into a one year agreement with BigCommerce to sponsor our newsletter!
I held off on accepting sponsors for over 18 months and 79 editions because I wanted to focus on the content direction of the newsletter first and foremost. Now that I'm satisfied with the direction that Shopifreaks is headed, I'm happy to take on the right sponsor to help reach my goals with this newsletter.
BigCommerce's sponsorship will provide me with funding to launch advertising campaigns aimed at expanding readership. The partnership also adds credibility to the publication in my opinion. After all, BigCommerce doesn't sponsor just anyone.
In addition to funding, I hope that working with BigCommerce will allow me to open dialogues with other industry professionals who were previously unfamiliar with the name “Shopifreaks” (but obviously know “BigCommerce”) so that I can provide you with even more insightful content.
Moving forward, here's what will change / stay the same:
- Shopifreaks will now be “brought to you by Paul Drecksler and BigCommerce”. I'll be adding their name to the verbiage of my marketing, website, and newsletters.
- I'll continue to objectively report on how amazing of a company BigCommerce is. 😉
- Jokes aside though, I'll be retaining complete editorial control of the newsletter. I was very adamant about that when structuring the sponsorship with BigCommerce, and they were completely onboard with it. BigCommerce wants to magnify and facilitate my goal of providing e-commerce news to my readers, not control the news, so they are going to enable me to continue doing what I do best.
- My goal at Shopifreaks is to report the most important e-commerce news and write objectively about how that news affects our industry. Nothing about my reporting style will change.
- As part of the sponsorship, I'll be adding a sponsored section to each newsletter for BigCommerce to share company news and/or relevant projects they're working on with other creators. There will always be a distinct separation between Editorial and Sponsored content related to BigCommerce.
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses, to large enterprises. Their platform empowers merchants to build, innovate and grow their businesses online.
Given our overlapping audiences and mutually shared values of openness and transparency, I feel that they are a perfect fit for Shopifreaks as our sponsor, and I appreciate them joining the newsletter.
And now, back to our regularly scheduled content. I'll see you next Monday.
Paul E. Drecksler
PS: What's Beethoven's favorite fruit? … BA NA NA NA
PPS: Don't forget to show me some love on Google and Product Hunt. Thanks!